Cyprus is a great destination for cycling enthusiasts. With its beautiful coastal roads, scenic mountain routes, and warm climate, Cyprus offers a range of cycling opportunities for both road cyclists and mountain bikers.
Some popular cycling routes in Cyprus include:
- Limassol to Paphos: This is a beautiful coastal route that takes you from the city of Limassol to the town of Paphos. The route is about 100 km long and takes you through some picturesque villages and along the stunning coastline.
- Troodos Mountains: The Troodos Mountains offer a range of cycling routes for both road cyclists and mountain bikers. The mountain roads offer challenging climbs and stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Akamas Peninsula: The Akamas Peninsula offers some of the most scenic mountain biking routes on the island. The routes take you through rugged terrain, deep gorges, and secluded coves.
- Nicosia to Larnaca: This is a relatively flat and easy route that takes you from the capital city of Nicosia to the coastal city of Larnaca. The route is about 50 km long and takes you through some charming villages and scenic countryside.
- Cape Greco: Cape Greco offers some of the most spectacular coastal cycling routes in Cyprus. The routes take you along the rocky coastline, past sea caves, and offer stunning views of the Mediterranean Sea.
Before embarking on a cycling adventure in Cyprus, be sure to check the weather conditions, wear appropriate cycling gear, and bring plenty of water and snacks