Georgia is a country in the Caucasus with an ancient history.
Tourism is actively encouraged by the Cabinet of Georgia through its Department of Tourism and Resorts of Georgia. In 2011 1 318 968 tourists visited Georgia. By the end of 2015 the annual number of tourists in Georgia reached 2 278 562 people. The culture of Georgia is ancient and the local people are a mixture of ancient and modern.
- Advantour – Georgia – Country guide and city guides, history, and culture.
- Lonely Planet – Georgia – Facts and advice for traveling along with background material on the culture and history of the country.
- Travel.State.Gov – Georgia – Offers travel information including Quick Facts, embassies and consulates, entry and exit requirements, safety and security, local laws, health, transportation and Fact Sheet. From the U.S. Department of State.
- VisitGeorgia.it – A website by Italian outdoor enthusiasts, to promote tourism to Georgia. Provides information about trekking and outdoor activities. [Italian, English]
- Welcome.ge – Practical information for visitors. Articles on places of interest and other aspects of the country. [Georgian, English, Russian]
- World Travel Guide – Georgia – Tourist and business travel information with facts on climate, visa, health, passport, currency and customs requirements.