Switzerland is situated in Central Europe, east of France, north of Italy.
The climate in Switzerland is very depending on height: cold, cloudy, rainy/snowy winters; cool to warm, cloudy, humid summers with occasional showers.
Switzerland geography is dominated by mountains (Alps in south, Jura in northwest) with a central plateau of rolling hills, plains, and large lakes.
Switzerland’s independence and neutrality have long been honored by the major European powers and Switzerland was not involved in either of the two World Wars. The political and economic integration of Europe over the past half century, as well as Switzerland’s role in many UN and international organizations, may be rendering obsolete the country’s concern for neutrality.
Located in the beautiful mountains of Switzerland, Interlaken is a great place to unwind with some good hikes, hot chocolate, and outdoor sports. It’s a good alternative from all the cities and museums you constantly see. Interlaken is also a popular party destination for backpackers
- Fusions – Culture and tourism mainly n Montreux and the Swiss Riviera. Events, tips and tricks, photo galleries tourist information. and phone apps.
- Gruezi Im Zugerland – Offers a guide to Alpine hikes on marked tracks in Central Switzerland and walks in the Zug Zurich Lucerne region. Includes hints and links.
- Lonely Planet – Switzerland – Comprehensive facts and advice for traveling along with background material on the culture and history of the country.
- My Swiss Alps – Travel guide including trails, day trips and resorts in the Alps. Also offers travel tips, maps and tourist information.
- Swiss Backpacker News – Guide to budget travel throughout Switzerland. Includes regional information, accommodation, transport and entertainment.
- Switzerland Tourism – The Swiss National Tourist Office’s website. Offers general information about Switzerland, travel information and tips, links to Swiss resorts as well as packages and reservation services.
- TheAlps.com – Skiing and snowboarding guide with hotel search, weather forecasts, resort information and reviews, covering more than 100 resorts in the alps.
- Travel.State.Gov – Switzerland and Liechtenstein – Offers travel information including Quick Facts, embassies and consulates, entry and exit requirements, safety and security, local laws, health, transportation and Fact Sheet. From the U.S. Department of State.
- Traveling.ch – At this site you can exchange travel hints and stories about Switzerland.
- World Travel Guide – Switzerland – Tourist and business travel information with facts on climate, visa, health, passport, currency and customs requirements.