Norway is known for its exceptional natural beauty, especially the fjords along the west coast. Once a haven for marauding Vikings, but now it is a wonderful destination with something for everyone. Norway is a country that was formed by the Ice Age, with towering mountains, beautiful waterfalls and vast forests.
Norway is located on the west side of the Scandinavian Peninsula in Northern Europe, and is often referred to as an one of the best places in the world to live, especially for the infrastructure and quality of government. Oslo is the capital of Norway, where tourists can enjoy the modern architecture and learn about the history of this city. In addition, Oslo, has the best rail system in Europe. Along with London,
Norway is not a densely populated country, has excellent seafood and – as one third of the area is located in the Arctic Circle – a year-round holiday destination. This means that you can go skiing and hiking in the summer or mount biking in the winter.
- VisitNorway.com – Official site of the Norwegian Tourist Board. Information about nature, towns, accommodation, farm holidays, camping, conventions and events. Touring suggestions, what to do and how to get there, as well as general information. [English and Norwegian]
- Birding Norway – Sightings, overview of birding by habitat and season, and tours.
- The Coastal Route – Free travel guide for The Coastal Route, from Steinkjer to Bodø. Also available for download in PDF format.
- Cruise Norway – Cruise Norway and Norwegian fjords by cruising the CruiseNorway site. CruiseNorway lists cruise ships and prices.
- Fjord Norway Travelguide – Experience the narrow fjords, the silence of the mountains, the tumult of the waterfalls, the crash of the sea and the hustle and bustle of busy towns.
- FjordKysten and Sunnfjord – Travel and holiday information about “Fjord Norge”; Outer Sognefjord and Dalsfjord, Askvoll, Fjaler, Hyllestad, Solund, Gulen, Høyanger, Sognefjorden.
- Flam (Flåm) Fjord Norway – Tourist Destination in the heart of the Norwegian fjord country with Sognefjord, Aurlandsfjord and Naeroyfjord. Cruise harbour and starting point for the Flam Railway.
- Go Norway – News and information for travelers including top destinations, transportation, accommodations, restaurants, shopping, services and 360-degree panoramic pictures.
- The Hardanger Fjord in Norway – Read about attractions and activities in the area around the Hardanger fjord.
- iExplore – Norway – Adventure and experiential travel group provides a guide on the country and its history, events, places to go and activities with tours, photos and other tourist information.
- Jannes Adventure Lofoten AS – Offers guided tours and accommodation in Lofoten. Read about sea kayaking, hiking, climbing, sailing, fishing and fishing villages with unique culture.
- Lonely Planet – Norway – Comprehensive facts and advice for traveling along with background material on the culture and history of the country.
- Norway by Doworld – Basic information and 36 photos of Norway; Oslo, Bergen, Lillehammer, Aalesund, Hardanger and fjords.
- Norway.com – Virtual travel guide to Norway. All you need to plan and visit Norway and Scandinavia including multimedia presentations, online web Travel Directory, travel deals and personalized guides.
- Romsdalsalpene.com – Atartpage with information and pictures from the tourist area Rauma. Also features information on known landmarks as Trollstigen, Trollwall and Romsdalshorn.
- Travel.State.Gov – Norway – Offers travel information including Quick Facts, embassies and consulates, entry and exit requirements, safety and security, local laws, health, transportation and Fact Sheet. From the U.S. Department of State.
- TravelGIS.com for Norway – Travel information on interactive maps and databases with free listings and immediate appearing on maps and listings.
- Traveller’s Trip to Norway – Find information about the places, which was visited, and a link collection.
- Welcome To Valdres – Tourist information for the Valdres area consisting of Fagernes, Aurdal, Tisleidalen and Vaset.
- World Travel Guide – Norway – Tourist and business travel information with facts on climate, visa, health, passport, currency and customs requirements.