Croatia is Italy without the hype (and costs). 21st century travelers are in search for new utopias—think Paris in the 20s, Bali in the 70s, and Prague circa 1990. Amazing Croatia may be that next happening generational destination.
Capital Split is a port on the Adriatic Sea in the Republic of Croatia. It is the cultural and economic center of Dalmatia. In Split, the harbor front promenade called the Riva has been completely overhauled. The cafe umbrellas, concrete, and patchwork landscaping were replaced by a broad, sleek, bright-white public space. While some people enjoy this snazzy and slick people zone, many locals think it clashes with the Old Town.
Croatia’s top destination, Dubrovnik, is being re-discovered, including by cruise ship crowds. On a very busy day in summer, as many as 30,000 passengers — seven giant ships’ worth — inundate the little Old Town. Non-cruise travelers should do their sightseeing, especially walking around the City Wall, early or late to avoid the midday crush and heat. Dubrovnik is the most magnificent and well preserved fortified city in the world, its history dates back to the 6th century. The old city is fully encapsulated by its fortified walls stretching 1940 meter’s. The walls are at their highest are 25 meters and up to 6 meters thick, these impregnable walls have help maintain this cities history, culture and beauty.
The Nona Ana catamaran, which swiftly connects Dubrovnik to Mljet Island (with its national park), has extended its run. In the summer, it now also continues four times each week to the ever-popular island town of Korcula. Korcula is the birthplace of Marco Polo, that alone provides enough history to make this Island a unique destination.
- 1185 Photos of Croatia – Including photos of more than 90 cities and towns with user photo upload possibility.
- About Croatia – Contains places, dictionary, weather, currency, population and useful information about Croatia.
- Cres and Losinj Tourist Guide – Information on restaurants, services and accommodation on the islands of Cres and Losinj.
- Croatia Exclusive – Guide for holiday hot-spots published in the UK (English and German editions).
- Croatia Information – Guide includes pages on art and culture, museums, architecture and natural beauty, as well as information on accommodation and transport to Croatia.
- Croatia Lastminute – Last minute accommodation on the Croatian coast and online booking.
- Croatia Travel Guide – Information on what to do and see in Croatia, in particular around Dalmatia and Zagreb.
- Croatia Traveller – A guide to Croatia travel including advice on accommodation, sights, itinerary planning and transportation by Lonely Planet, Jeanne Oliver.
- CroDirect – Site offers tourist services, catering directly and only to private party services.
- Enjoy Croatia – Travel site in about Croatia and its most important tourist areas.
- Islandhopping – Bike tour on the islands of Croatia.
- Kroatien – Information about tourist destinations, accommodations, hotels, camps and excursions.
- Lonely Planet – Croatia – Comprehensive facts and advice for traveling along with background material on the culture and history of the country.
- Peljesac Information Site – Interactive map of Peljesac and Orebic, geography, position of Peljesac, travelers information, service information and arrival instructions
- Places in Croatia – Virtual tour of accommodation available for rent in Croatia.
- Travel.State.Gov – Croatia – Offers travel information including Quick Facts, embassies and consulates, entry and exit requirements, safety and security, local laws, health, transportation and Fact Sheet. From the U.S. Department of State.
- Virtual reality Croatia – Croatia is presented with the virtual reality (360 o) panoramas. Interactive clickable maps of the country.
- Visit Croatia – A guide to Croatia: about the country, information for visitors, traveling around, spots to visit.
- World Travel Guide – Croatia – Tourist and business travel information with facts on climate, visa, health, passport, currency and customs requirements.